Content Editor - Health, Safety, Environment and Community Documentation
Position: Content Editor - Health, Safety, Environment and Community Documentation
Reporting to: Program Operations Manager
Hours: Minimum 80 hours
Timeline: July to October 2023, 1-2 days per week
(Hours are flexible, however interns must be available during working hours for communication with team)
Virtual OnBoarding will take place on Thursday 6 July 11:00am-12:30pm
In pursuit of our mission to empower people to save the natural world, Earthwatch undertakes many exciting activities across Australia and internationally. Each of these activities involves elements of risk and environmental hazards, connections with community and of course the environment. These are managed under our Health, Safety, Environment & Community (HSEC) frameworks.
At Earthwatch, we aim for our staff are informed, empowered and supported to work safely and consciously toward HSEC good practice. Media and documentation that is relevant, accessible and up to date is essential to support this aim.
Working with the Program Operations Manager, this internship will be focussed on the re-issue of Earthwatch internal HSEC (Health, Safety, Environment & Community) documentation, media and other collateral such as training materials reflective of Earthwatch’s positive safety culture and industry good practice guidelines.
- During this internship you will work from established internal brand guidelines to:
- Assist with the content edit of key HSEC documentation for consistency with accessibility, and good practice in emergency response and workplace health and safety guidelines
- Identify areas for improvement in our HSEC communications, including content creation (video) and maximising use of internal communication platforms (SharePoint, MS Teams) and social media opportunities
- With an eye for detail and understanding of good practice in communications you will be:
- Proficient in Canva, Microsoft Word and SharePoint
- Have experience or the desire to learn about principles of emergency management communications, working with accessibility, and good practice guides
As part of our commitment to you, on completion of this internship your work will be made available for inclusion in your folio.
Interviews will take place 27-29th June. Successful candidates must be available for (virtual) OnBoarding on Thursday 6th July from 11:00am-12:30pm