Data Analysis and Communication Internship
Position: Data Analysis and Communication
Reporting to: Program Manager (Wetlands/ClimateWatch)
Hours: Minimum 80 hours
Timeline: July-October 2023 1-2 days per week
Hours are flexible, however interns must be available during working hours for communication with team
Virtual OnBoarding will take place on Thursday 6 July 11:00am-12:30pm
A key aspect of citizen science programs is to ensure data generated is made accessible and available to community, managers and for policy implementation. We’re seeking a skilled data analyst with an interest in ecology including mangrove and tidal wetland ecology, and/or botany to produce visually appealing and accessible data outputs.
Working with the Wetlands Program Manager and/or ClimateWatch Program Manager you will:
- Collate, manipulate and review citizen science data sets.
- Analyse Wetland data sets to elicit key results.
- Analyse ClimateWatch data on the timing of seasonal life events (phenology) of plants and animals.
- Produce visually appealing media and templates such as Wetland Report Cards for publication on web and print.
- Knowledge of ecology (mangrove ecology and/or botany)
- High proficiency with Excel
- Experience using R for data analysis
- Experience analysing spatial data
- Creative problem solver
- Clear communicator
- Collaborator with confidence to work autonomously
- Canva and basic web skills (highly regarded but not essential)
Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated science communication and data visualisation skills and knowledge of web platform integration. Background in environmental science and/or environmental engineering highly regarded.
Interviews will take place 27-29th June. Successful candidates must be available for (virtual) OnBoarding on Thursday 6th July from 11:00am-12:30pm